Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Video: Peters Township's Max Lindsay

Went out to Peters Township tonight to cover the boys soccer match between the Indians and Canon-McMillan.



Turned out to be a pretty interesting game, even though there were only a total of five shots. Peters Township actually won it on an own goal by Canon-McMillan in the 68th minute, thanks to a bouncing kick from junior Max Lindsay.

I talked to Lindsay after the game -- shot this video, too -- and one of his best quotes won't make Wednesday's paper.

"I couldn’t believe it," Lindsay said of the own goal. "Normally I expect one of my own players to get on it, but their defender put it into his own net."

Their defender was Alec Brumbaugh, and it created one of the toughest moments for a high school sports reporter. You never want to take shots at a high school kid -- at least I don't -- but you also have to tell the story of the game.

I hope that's conveyed enough in my story. Kid played an awesome game ... just got unlucky. Happens to us all. Anyway, tonight's win for Peters Township should create one heck of a matchup at Upper St. Clair Thursday where a win produced at least a share of the section title.

No comments:

Post a Comment