Friday, May 10, 2013

Photos from team track

I tweeted last night while covering the WPIAL team championships for track and field that I wondered what would happen to my Twitter feed when Wash High won a WPIAL title in something.

I've learned.

And it's pretty cool. Retweets after retweets, people caring about their school, it's really awesome to see. Doesn't matter if it's Wash High, California, Peters Township, Carmichaels of West Greene, it's just great to see people do such a simple thing as care.

I thought a little bit about the top five teams in terms of Twitter activity, and here's what I came up with (in alphabetical order). Also remember that Joe Tuscano covers wrestling for us. From what I've seen, there are some pretty faithful followers there, too.

Canon-McMillan softball
Peters Township girls soccer
Trinity boys basketball
Washington football
Washington track and field

On that note, here are a couple of celebration pictures I snapped with my iPhone last night after the Prexies won their second consecutive team title.




No comments:

Post a Comment